On May 19th and 20th, pharmacovigilance leaders from across the life sciences industry gathered for ArisGlobal’s 2020 Safety Advisory Board meeting, an annual event designed to advance patient safety by aligning on a common vision for the future of pharmacovigilance technology.
This year’s Safety Advisory Board meeting brought back together a group of senior representatives from Abbott, AbbVie, Boehringer Ingelheim, Biogen, Johnson & Johnson, Merck KGaA (Darmstadt, Germany), and Vifor Pharma, and for the first time included participation from drug safety leaders at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Among the topics discussed were:
- Digital transformation in drug safety and cornerstones of a digital PV strategy
- Organizational change management amid the rise of intelligent automation
- The next-generation of multi-tenant architecture for global safety databases
- Synchronizing data entry conventions within case processing for greater efficiency
- Maximizing machine learning benefits
- Unifying drug development with a centralized product dictionary
In addition, Andras Berta, ArisGlobal’s Chief Strategy Officer, provided an update on the vision and strategy for the LifeSphere Safety platform, which fostered a discussion on aligning the LifeSphere technology roadmap to the future needs of the industry. Participants also received a detailed update on the progress that ArisGlobal has made in advancing the automation capabilities of the LifeSphere MultiVigilance safety system, including data from a recent time and motion study that showed case intake efficiency gains of 30% with increasing ROI.
ArisGlobal would like to once again thank our Safety Advisory Board members for their time, effort and devotion to the cause of advancing patient safety with a common vision for the future. We look forward to continuing to work with our participating members to make this vision a reality through.