Principal Consultant – Reports Specialist
JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT – REPORTS SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: SOLUTION MANAGER
The primary responsibility of the Principal Consultant will be able to support clients as a subject matter for implementations and upgrade projects to ensure successful deployments of software systems.
The function of this position is to bring customer facing, inward facing and Industry / agency thought leadership experience to ArisGlobal’s implementation projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with business users and units to understand business needs, analyzes complex business requirements, reporting requirements and file structures between various systems.
- Designs data model (Universe) requirements, report requirements (Webi), data access and system security requirements.
- Provide reporting solutions using SAP Business Objects tool set, develop and maintain universes, WEBI reports, Analysis, and Dashboards.
- Function as the custom reporting workstream lead for software development upgrades and deployments.
- Lead Business Objects custom reports development and participate in development.
- Provide guidance and thought-leadership for the reporting function.
- Implement data security access, system security access according to design specification.
- Provide input to peers, management and business for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements.
- Prepare design documentation for the projects assigned, provide estimates and conduct peer code review.
- Provide Business Objects infrastructure system support, participate in application upgrade projects.
- Actively work with Business Objects end users to resolve any application, data or user issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 5+ years experience in the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse space.
- Must have strong understanding of Business Objects, DW processes and OLAP concepts, with star schema data models.
- 3+ years of hands-on Business Objects universe/IDT, Webi, Analysis, Explorer, Crystal Reports, and Dashboards development and testing experience, specifically in the latest SAP Business Objects Enterprise Platform (BOBJ) BI4.
- Must have experiences supporting Business Objects clustered environments including installation, configuration, patching, upgrades, monitoring and backups.
- Must have strong SQL and tuning experiences.
- Must have excellent analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve critical production issues.
- Excellent communications skills, able to work effectively with business users to understand and clarify requirements as well as educate and resolve end user reporting issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as well as independent setting.
- Experience with mentoring junior team members in BOBJ tool usage, systems and best practices.
- Previous experience with Cognos is a plus.
- Experience with Data Migration is a plus.
- Microsoft SSAS experience is a plus.
- Proactive, highly organized & detail-oriented.
- Travel up to 50% may be required
ArisGlobal is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Committed to Diversity